Micro-Needling and PRP | Tampa | Clearwater
Two amazing treatments to revive and revitalize your skin!
The older we get, the more our skin loses elasticity and begins to appear dull and even lifeless. In addition, other signs of aging such as lines, wrinkles, spots and large pores accumulate on our skin over time. Women and men looking for a natural solution that offers total skin rejuvenation can enjoy the benefits of Micro-Needling and PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy, which is rich with your body’s own growth factors. Excellent in combination or as stand-alone options, these treatments smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, replace sallow skin with a youthful glow, improve or eliminate acne and other scarring, and reduce pore size.
Both treatments utilize your body’s own healing mechanisms to stimulate collagen production and enhanced cell renewal from the inside out. Micro-Needling does this by perforating the skin with tiny needles to stimulate healing and formation of new skin. The growth factors in PRP stimulate new collagen production and new skin growth. Together or separate, these two treatments have the ability to replace old, damaged skin with young, new skin. With a series of treatments, your skin will begin to look noticeably, and naturally, younger and smoother.
Am I a candidate for Micro-Needling and PRP treatment?
- Do you have fine lines and wrinkles?
- Has acne left you with scars that never went away?
- Does your skin appear dull or even sallow?
- Are your pores enlarged?
- Would like a natural boost to the look of your skin?
What results can I expect from Micro-Needling and PRP treatment?
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fading or elimination of scarring.
- A hydrated, youthful glow.
- Minimized pores and an even surface.
- Micro-Needling and PRP also offer a solution for stretch marks!
How does Micro-Needling work?
- Micro-Needling is based on collagen induction therapy, which means it causes microscopic damage to your skin which stimulates it to naturally produce new replacement collagen.
- With a handheld Micro-Needling device, the top layers of your skin are punctured.
- The controlled damage to the skin causes your body to produce new collagen and elastin.
- As the body’s healing processes are stimulated, your skin becomes firmer and smoother and even long-term blemishes like acne scarring will fade.
- For best results, most patients require a series of 3-6 Micro-Needling treatments.
How does PRP work?
- The PRP procedure – platelet rich plasma – involves drawing your blood and centrifuging it so that the plasma with platelets separates and collects in the tube. This plasma is rich in growth factors and cytokines from your own drawn blood.
- During and immediately after Micro-Needling the treatment area, the highly concentrated plasma is massaged onto your skin where it releases the growth factors and stimulates the body’s healing and tissue regeneration processes.
What happens during a combined Micro-Needling and PRP treatment?
- To begin a combined Micro-Needling and PRP treatment, we draw a small tube of your blood.
- Next, we spin your blood in our centrifuge to separate the platelet rich plasma (PRP) from the rest of the blood.
- While the centrifugation takes place, we begin the Micro-Needling treatment, which makes microscopic penetrations in your skin, preparing it to receive the benefits of your own PRP.
- The centrifugated PRP is then massaged into your skin so that the proteins and growth factors are readily absorbed.
- By combining these treatments, significant healing, collagen and elastin production, and tissue production and growth are stimulated, leaving you with smoother, youthful skin over time.
- Based on the needs of your skin, a series of 3-6 treatments may be recommended.
It is painful, and is there any downtime with these treatments?
- Micro-Needling utilizes fine needles to puncture the top layers of your skin. To maintain patient comfort during the procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied 30 minutes prior to the procedure.
- Treated areas will likely appear red like a sunburn, and some swelling will occur for a few days.
- Following treatment, you may return to normal activities immediately, although some medical grade skin care products and sun exposure should be avoided for 2 weeks.
How long do the results of Micro-Needling and PRP last?
- When you complete the recommended series of Micro-Needling treatments, your skin will appear permanently smoother with a reduction in winkles, fine lines, and scarring or blemishes. Additional treatments may be performed as desired to boost collagen production.
- Results from PRP will fade over time, and a touchup is typically needed every year or two.
How many treatments will I need?
- Your treatment plan will depend on the starting condition of your skin and the results you hope to achieve.
- Particularly when considering Micro-Needling for acne and other scarring, a series of treatments will be needed.
- Treatments are performed 1 month apart.
- A personal consultation is needed to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for your needs.
- At Radiance, consultations are always complimentary.
For more than a decade, Radiance Medspa has successfully and safely performed injections and cosmetic procedures to produce beautiful, natural-looking results for our patients.
- Our vast experience means you can feel confident having Micro-Needling and PRP treatments at Radiance Medspa.
- We listen to you, and we are honest. We will never recommend a treatment that we do not believe is appropriate for you.
- We strongly believe in educating our patients so that you understand all of your options and can make the most informed decision about your treatment plan.
*Individual results may vary.