miraDry | Tampa | Clearwater
MiraDry eliminates excessive underarm sweat and odor for good.
For anyone who has had to deal with the frustration of excessive underarm sweat – from ruined shirts to embarrassing perspiration stains – the new, non-invasive, one-time treatment miraDry provides a permanent solution. That means you can kiss that ineffective antiperspirant good-bye, wear silk even on the hottest days and go from work to dinner without concern about end-of-day odor. FDA-approved MiraDry works by using heat to safely eliminate underarm sweat glands. Because the glands do not regenerate, miraDry means you’ll never need to worry about perspiration again, making this summer and every season, no sweat!
As with any medical cosmetic procedure, it is important to choose a provider with experience, skill and expertise. At Radiance Medspa, we have safely performed thousands of successful laser and ultrasound treatments over more than a decade. We are thrilled to be the first practice in Pinellas County to offer miraDry, and help our patients eliminate underarm sweat forever!
Why Radiance Medspa?
The award-winning Radiance Medspa offers an individualized approach to medical skincare and specializes in the latest non-surgical technologies that improve upon the many signs of aging. We were honored to be one of only 200 Black Diamond Award winners in the United States and the sole winner from Pinellas County for BOTOX and Juvéderm, and #1 provider of Juvéderm in the state of Florida and the Southeast United States. Named 2013 Clearwater Business of the Year, we opened in Belleair Bluffs in the spring of 2006, and launched a second location at the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa in Clearwater in 2011.
Am I a candidate for miraDry?
- Are you bothered by underarm sweat?
- Are you tired of ruining shirts and paying high dry cleaning bills?
- Does antiperspirant provide only temporary results or not seem to work at all?
- Have you been embarrassed by sweat stains or wet spots under your arms when you remove your suit jacket?
- Do you avoid wearing certain colors or fabrics all together for fear of visible sweat spots?
- Is the Florida heat a cause for wardrobe alarm?
What results can I expect from miraDry?
- FDA-approved miraDry is the first and only non-invasive treatment to permanently eliminate underarm sweat glands.
- Immediately following your miraDry treatment, you will experience a minimum 82% reduction in sweat and odor in the treated areas.
- Because sweat glands never regenerate, the results of your miraDry procedure are permanent.
- Following a miraDry treatment, you can expect never to be bothered by embarrassing underarm sweat again. Go ahead, high five!
What happens during a miraDry treatment?
- The first step in a miraDry treatment is prepping the area with a local anesthetic to ensure that you feel no discomfort during the treatment.
- A temporary “tattoo” is applied to the underarm to serve as a guide for where to apply the miraDry treatment.
- During treatment, which lasts about an hour, the handpiece is applied to the skin and gently suctions the area, sending heat energy deep below the surface of the skin to safely destroy the sweat glands while cooling your skin for comfort at the same time.
- MiraDry is completely non-invasive, so no incisions are made during treatment.
- The effects of miraDry are immediate, with no downtime following treatment. You may return to work and normal activity the same day.
Will it hurt and what is the downtime from a miraDry treatment?
- We numb the treatment area with a local anesthetic, so there is no discomfort during treatment. Most patients rate miraDry a 2 on a scale of 10 with 10 signifying the worst pain.
- You can return to normal activities immediately following a miraDry treatment, however, you should avoid exercise for a few days.
- The most common side effects include swelling, numbness, bruising and sensitivity in the treated area. These are temporary and are gone within a week or two.
- You can take ibuprofen in the days following your miraDry treatment if desired to reduce swelling.
How long do the results of miraDry last?
- Non-invasive miraDry heats and destroys the sweat glands below your skin.
- Because sweat glands do not regenerate, miraDry offers a permanent solution to excessive sweat.
How much does miraDry cost?
- Before you schedule a miraDry treatment, we encourage you to come in for a complimentary consultation to assess your needs, review expectations and work together to create an individualized treatment plan that is just right for you.
- MiraDry starts at $1650, which covers one treatment. In rare cases where a second treatment is desired, the cost is $825.
For more than a decade, Radiance Medspa has successfully and safely performed medical cosmetic procedures to produce safe, effective results for our patients.
- More than a decade of experience with non-invasive laser and ultrasound treatments means you can feel confident having a miraDry treatment at Radiance Medspa.
- We listen to you, and we are honest. We will never recommend a treatment that we do not believe is appropriate for you.
- We strongly believe in educating our patients so that you understand all of your options and can make the most informed decision about your treatment plan.