What’s the difference between CoolSculpting and SculpSure? How do I know which one is best for me? These are some common questions we hear from patients who are seeking body contouring. We use both SculpSure and CoolSculpting at our Tampa-area practice to help you achieve the look you want. Although their results are similar, each technique is unique. dnp for sale
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical and noninvasive treatment that requires no anesthetic, incisions, or needles. The treatment freezes and destroys fat cells without harming the surrounding tissue.
- Candidates: Good candidates include men and women who want to target fat bulges on the abdomen, love handles, thighs, arms, back, and chin that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- Procedure: During a treatment session, the CoolSculpting machine gently pulls areas with pinchable fat between 2 cooling panels. Patients describe the sensation as a short intense burst of cold, followed by numbness. The majority of the 35 minute treatment is comfortable. Patients often bring a book or magazine to read during the appointment. Some patients even take a nap.
- Recovery: There is no need to allow for recovery time after treatment. Patients can return to their normal daily routine immediately after an appointment. Some mild redness or swelling may occur, but these symptoms typically resolve on their own.
- Results: The results develop over 3 months following the procedure. This is because the treatment causes fat cells to break down and naturally eliminate from the body gradually. Sometimes patients opt for repeat treatments to get optimal results.
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a fat reduction system that heats fat cells to gradually kill them. After treatment the body naturally clears the body of the damaged fat cells, shrinking problem areas.
- Candidates: Men and women who are in good overall health but are concerned with stubborn bulges on the flanks and midsection may be good candidates for SculpSure. This treatment is good for those with harder, firmer fat, but patients should be close to their goal weights.
- Procedure: The treatment takes about 25 minutes. Some patients feel a tingling sensation at points throughout the treatment.
- Recovery: Like CoolSculpting, no downtime is required. You can return to work, school, exercise, and other daily activities right afterward.
- Results: Patients begin to see results after about 1 month and final results appear after about 3 months. A single treatment is often enough to achieve the desired results.
It is important to note that neither procedure is meant as a way to lose weight. Before considering CoolSculpting and SculpSure, it is very important to be at or near your ideal weight. Whether you like it hot or cold, Radiance MedSpa will create a customized treatment plan to help you achieve your desired results. To discuss your options, request a consultation online or call our office at (727) 518-7100.
Leave a Reply