Laser Lipo Body Contouring
Did you can specifically target your trouble zones and shape up with little to no downtime, thanks to minimally invasive Laser Liposuction? Through tiny incisions, this treatment utilizes a laser to melt fat cells, which are gently removed with suction. Melt away excess fat in disproportionate areas of the body, and unveil a sleeker body contour. The Laser Lipo process uses advanced ultrasound technology to emulsify fat, which means it’s a minimally invasive treatment that makes recovery faster and easier. After the procedure, you’ll enjoy significant and immediate results that continue to improve during the next several weeks. Even better, Slim Laser Lipo not only removes fat cells in targeted areas, it also tightens skin.
Am I a candidate for Laser Liposuction?
- Do you have trouble areas that don’t respond to diet and exercise?
- Has childbirth or aging left you with a “spare tire” around your middle?
- Would more shapely arms, hips, thighs, and back pique your interest?
- Would you like to vastly improve the shape of your body without undergoing traditional liposuction surgery?
Are there pre-treatments preparations?
- No smoking two weeks before your procedure, as it constricts the blood vessels.
- No drinking alcohol five days before your procedure, as it thins the blood.
- You will also begin to take an oral antibiotic four days prior to the treatment. All of these precautions are done to give the best possible Laser Lipo Experience.
What happens during a Laser Liposuction treatment?
- Laser Liposuction is an in-office treatment that is performed while you are wide-awake using only a local anesthetic.
- Dr. Francis makes a few tiny incisions in the skin and inserts a thin laser to heat and liquefy fat cells.
- The liquefied fat is then removed with gentle suction via a narrow tube (micro-cannula).
- You will see dramatic results right away, and you will enjoy additional improvement during the next several weeks. You’ll notice tighter skin in the treated area too!
It is painful, and is there any downtime from Laser Liposuction?
- A local anesthetic is used to prepare the treatment area, so you will not experience discomfort during the procedure.
- You will have several tiny incisions in your skin afterward that will heal naturally within 1-2 weeks. The incisions are so small that sutures are not needed, and, in most cases, they will completely disappear once healed.
- For a short period of time following the treatment, typically two to six weeks, you will need to wear a compression garment to ensure best results.
- You can typically return to work the day after treatment, and light exercise is encouraged.
- Normal activities may be resumed immediately with the exception of swimming and heavy lifting. These activities should be avoided for 2 weeks.
How will I get home after my procedure?
- For your safety, you will need to arrange transportation to take you home after your Laser Lipo treatment. To ensure your comfort during the procedure you will be under the effects of sedatives that would impact your ability to drive.
How long do the results of Laser Liposuction last?
- Laser Liposuction literally melts and removes fat cells in the treated area, so as long as you maintain a healthy weight, your results will last!
How much does Laser Liposuction cost?
- Pricing starts at $2,900 and depends on the number of body areas treated.
- A personal consultation is needed to determine the most appropriate treatment plan and pricing for your needs.
- At Radiance, consultations are always complimentary with no obligation to purchase treatments.
Am I a good candidate for Laser Liposuction?
- Since Laser Liposuction can be used to target specific trouble zones, ideal candidates for this treatment are within 10-20 pounds of their ideal weight and looking to eliminate fat in specific areas. Laser Liposuction is not a weight-loss treatment; rather it improves the shape of your body.
What is the difference between Laser Liposuction and traditional liposuction?
- During traditional liposuction surgery, the patient receives general anesthesia, and fat is removed through a large incision using a manual scraping technique. This manual technique often results in significant bruising, swelling, and discomfort post-procedure. The recovery time can be significant and often requires patients to take time off work and discontinue normal activities for several weeks.
- By contrast, Laser Liposuction, commonly referred to as Slimlipo, requires only local anesthesia, making it safer and easier on the patient. In addition, because the procedure is performed through tiny incisions with a gentle laser, there is minimal bruising, swelling, or discomfort afterward, and patients can resume work and normal activities immediately. Laser Liposuction removes the same amount of fat as traditional liposuction and has the unique added benefit of tightening the skin, which traditional liposuction does not.
Who performs the Laser Lipo procedure?
- Our medical director, Dr. Erika Francis performs all Laser Lipo procedures at Radiance. She has practiced medicine in the Clearwater- St. Petersburg area for 18 years.
- Board Certified in Cosmetic Medicine and Emergency Medicine, she is trusted with her vast experience and knowledge.
- Dr. Erika Francis earned an undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition then graduated from Ohio State University Medical School in 1999. She headed south to complete her residency at University of South Carolina Medical School in 2002.