Treatment Description: Every hair on the body goes through three stages of growth-the growth phase, the dormant phase and
the fall-out phase. Doctors and medical science agree that the only time a hair can be permanently disabled is when
the hair is in the growth stage. Since hair enters its growth phase at different times, multiple treatments are necessary
to disable these hairs. Recent studies have shown that typically five to eight treatments are necessary to destroy
the majority of hair in any given area, but patients can see results after a few treatments as their hair tends to
become thinner and lighter even after two or three treatments.
How IPL Works: Intense Pulsed Light systems work by emitting pulses of intense pulsating light into hair follicles. The
light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and is converted to heat. The heat loosens the hair and disables
the cells responsible for new hair growth. Since the light penetrates the skin, you do not need to let your hair grow
out in preparation. Pre-Treatment Instructions:
Post Treatment Instructions:
- Do not wax, tweeze or use hair removal creams 10 days prior to treatment and/or any time during treatment.
- We recommend a numbing cream, available at your pharmacy, available over the counter with your pharmacist. The product
is LMX Topical, with 4% Lidocaine. If the pharmacist does not have it, any numbing topical with Lidocaine, Betacaine
and/or Zetacaine is fine. Inform us of any pre-existing heart conditions, allergies, and/or are pregnant or nursing.
We will complimentary numb you the first time. Thereafter, there is a $30 charge each time we have to numb you.
We do not numb large areas such as back or legs, as it has been deemed unsafe to numb large areas.
- It is important to stay out of the sun at least two weeks prior to treatment. This includes tanning beds and self-tanning
creams. We will not treat anyone with a sunburn or fresh tan.
- Please shave the area to be treated within 24 hours prior to treatment. We can do a little touch up, however, it is
best to do it in the comfort of your own home. If we have to shave large areas (such as backs or legs), there is
a $25 charge.
- Please do not wear make up on areas to be treated.
- If the area we are treating requires disrobing, you will be provided a robe.
- Patients undergoing bikini area hair removal should wear a narrow cut panty or swimsuit. However, we will be more than
happy to provide disposable panties.
- Cancellations: Please give us 24 hour notice to cancel your appointment. A $50 cancellation fee will be charged due
to unscheduled “down time” of the facility’s staff and resources for all missed appointments without a 24 hour
notice. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- There are NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS given on packages or series. Packages/Series are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- All patients should avoid the sun and use a broad spectrum, UVA and UVB, sunscreen with an SPF 30+ on a daily basis.
- Small red areas may be present directly around individual hairs or you may feel a mild sunburn-like sensation. This
is normal and lasts 2-24 hours but can persist for up to 72 hours. If a burning sensation occurs, apply ice for
20 minutes and repeat as necessary. One method that works well: place a wet washcloth in the freezer and once frozen,
remove it and place over area. An oral reliever, such as acetaminophen may be taken to reduce discomfort. Use according
to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Bathe and shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid aggressive scrubbing and use of exfoliants,
scrub brushes and loofah sponges until treated area has returned to pre-treated condition.
- Until redness has subsided, please avoid the following: swimming, especially in pools with chemicals such as chlorine,
hot tubs and activities that cause excessive perspiration.
- Appearance of hair growth or stubble will continue for 7-30 days post treatment. This is NOT new hair growth, but rather
treated hair being expelled from the skin. Typically, hairs fall out over a 2 to 3 week period. The hair may also
appear stunted and will not grow in length as before.
- Remember to avoid unprotected sun exposure, tanning beds and/or self-tanning creams during your treatment course!