Many patients come into our practice wanting to rejuvenate their faces to a more youthful and natural appearance. During consultation we customize a treatment plan that fits their unique needs. This can involve a combination of injectables, lasers, and peels. At our Tampa-area practice, VIVACE has recently become a favorite of men and women who want subtle skin improvement that helps you look years younger, but doesn’t change what makes you, you.
What is VIVACE?
VIVACE is the next generation of facial rejuvenating treatments that combines the benefits of microneedling with radiofrequency energy and PRP growth factors to tighten your skin and promote collagen growth. As we age, our skin begins to lose elasticity, and collagen production begins to slow down. Consequently, fine lines and wrinkles develop on the face and neck and skin tone and texture change. Outside factors like sun exposure and smoking also play a role in how we age. VIVACE uses 3 technologies to dramatically improve these signs of aging.
- Microneedling involves creating tiny punctures on the skin’s surface to kickstart collagen and elastin production. The idea is that the tiny injuries cause the skin to respond by making new healthy tissue.
- Radiofrequency uses heat energy to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the deeper layer of the skin. It can help generate thicker, tighter skin from underneath the surface.
- PRP treatment is a process that uses growth factors from your own blood to restore your skin. Treatment starts with getting your blood drawn. Then the growth factors are extracted from your blood and applied to your skin.
What concerns can VIVACE address?
VIVACE is a versatile treatment that provides overall skin improvement. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightened sagging skin
- Minimized pores and acne scars
- Improved tone and texture
- Lightens and reduces the look of brown spots
- Overall younger, fresher looking skin
What can I expect during treatment?
We start by applying numbing cream to the treatment area. Once the area is numb, we use the handpiece to simultaneously create micro-injuries and deliver RF energy deep into the dermal layers. Lastly, we apply the PRP serum.
What is the recovery like?
After treatment, there should be no residual discomfort. VIVACE requires little to no downtime. Most patients can return to their normal routine within the same day as treatment. You may notice some redness after your treatment, but this typically resolves quickly on its own.
When will I see results?
Most patients can see noticeable changes immediately after treatment. However, changes become most noticeable once the new collagen begins to develop over the next few weeks.