Laser Hair Removal in Clearwater, Florida
Wouldn’t you like once and for all to do something about your unwanted hair? You will never have to worry about shaving, waxing or skin irritations again. In our medical spa for laser hair removal in Clearwater, FL, we offer a safe and highly effective treatment to permanently remove unwanted hair.* It works on any treatment area where smooth skin is desired. Our Palomar IPL Starlux system for laser hair removal in Clearwater, FL, is the best on the market for all skin tones.
IPL Laser treatment for unwanted hair is a non-invasive approach to reduction and long-term hair removal. IPL laser hair removal treatment is specially designed to safely eliminate undesired hair from all areas of the body.* Because the IPL light affects hair follicles only when they are in the growth phase, more than one laser hair removal treatment is necessary to destroy hair follicles that enter the growth phase next. During your consultation for laser hair removal in Clearwater, you will be advised as to the approximate number of treatments you may need. A treatment consists of passing the Intense Pulse Light wand over your skin. As the IPL’s wide beam of light penetrates your skin, it is absorbed by the melanin or pigment in the hair follicles. The heat generated by the light destroys the follicle causing the hair to fall out. Unfortunately, Laser Hair Removal does not work on blond or gray hair.
Laser treatment is a great option for those considering hair removal in Clearwater, FL, but who have a lower pain tolerance. Most people report minimal discomfort, resembling the snap of a rubber band on the skin. If you are very sensitive, a topical anesthetic can be applied to numb the area being treated. There is no downtime, however you cannot have a tan and must stay out of the sun during the time you are being treated.Request Your Free Consultation
Facial Laser Hair Removal
If you are seeking options for facial hair removal in Clearwater, FL, Laser Hair Removal is a popular way to eliminate unwanted facial hair for good. Hair on the upper lip, chin, neck, and cheeks can be removed in a series of typically 4-6 treatments over time. For best results, the unwanted hair must be dark in color. Blonde, white, and gray hair do not typically respond well to the treatments since the Laser energy is not absorbed as well by lighter colored hair. In addition to facial areas, Laser Hair Removal can be used on virtually any part of the body where unwanted hair grows. Other popular areas are legs, bikini area, underarms, and arms.
Does it hurt?
- Most patients report minimal to no discomfort. A snapping sensation is felt for less than 2 seconds with each pulse.
How frequently are treatments performed?
- Multiple visits are important to achieve optimum results due to the hair growth cycle. For face and neck, treatments are performed every 4-6 weeks. For body, treatments are performed every 6-8 weeks.
How many treatments will I need?
- It all depends on the hair type and color. On average 6 treatments is typical. Clients with darker skin coloring or fine/light hair will need 1 or 2 additional treatments.
What are the side effects?
- A mild sunburn look and sensation may last for a few hours.
What if I miss an appointment?
- We will manage your return visit for you based on your previous treatment so that you will achieve the best outcome. Simply, notify the scheduler that you missed your last visit and we will find the appropriate week to return.
What should I do to prepare for the treatment?
- You may shave the area 1-2 days prior to the laser therapy. No tanning or waxing/tweezing 4-6 weeks prior to your treatment.