Why We Love IPL At Radiance Medspa:
- IPL reverses the effects of years of sun damage.
- This laser treatment eliminates spots, redness, and broken capillaries.
- IPL offers a successful option for treating rosacea redness, too.
From sun to wind to cold weather, your skin has bravely faced the elements. If the great outdoors has left its mark on your face as skin discoloration, rough texture, redness and broken veins and capillaries, a series of IPL Photofacials offers renewal. This laser treatment tackles spots and redness to improve skin tone while delivering the added benefits of smoother texture and reduced pore size. For best results, IPL is performed in a series of 3-5 treatments. It’s ideal for the face and décolletage, but IPL can be used on virtually any area of the body in need of skin renewal, such as hands, arms, legs, and back.
Known as a Photofacial, this intense pulsed light (IPL) laser treatment sends light below the skin’s surface to target the blood vessels and melanin that cause the discoloration above. Without breaking the skin, the laser penetrates to destroy the blemish- and spot-causing blood vessels and melanin below. Despite the power of IPL, you won’t have any real downtime from this treatment other than the look and feel of sunburn. While redness simply dissipates, brown spots first turn darker before flaking off. You can wear makeup immediately, and within a week, any symptoms are gone.
Your participation in IPL treatment is vital to its success. Most importantly, IPL should be performed in a series spaced about a month apart. Patients usually need 3-5 treatments to achieve full results, and you can purchase a series package to ensure your compliance. Additionally, you should stay out of the sun a week prior to and a week following treatment. Don’t forget to wear sunblock every day before, during, and after treatment. Following these steps will provide you with maximum and long-lasting results. In fact, with proper skincare, results of an IPL Photofacial are permanent.
How long will my IPL Photofacial results last?
- As long as you take care of your skin following treatment, which includes wearing sunblock every day, IPL results are permanent.
How many IPL treatments will I need?
- Your treatment plan will depend on the needs of your skin, but typically 3-5 treatments will provide significant results.
When will I see results from my IPL Photofacial?
- You will notice results from the first 2-3 treatments.
Which conditions respond best to IPL treatments?
- Skin conditions including age spots, sunspots, rosacea, freckles, and enlarged pores respond well to treatment with the IPL laser.
Is there any downtime from an IPL Photofacial?
- Your skin will be sensitive and will need to be protected from the sun. Any swelling will be minimal and can be treated with cold compresses. Dark spots from the treatment should flake off in a week.
Does an IPL Photofacial hurt?
- You will likely experience mild discomfort during an IPL Photofacial. The sensation has been compared to a rubber band being snapped against the skin. Any discomfort will end as soon as the treatment is finished.
Are there any special instructions I need to follow before or after receiving an IPL Photofacial?
Before: Discontinue use of Accutane® for six months, Retin-A® for two weeks and glycolic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid products for a week before your treatment. Avoid sun and sunless tanning for four weeks. Do not take aspirin or other blood thinners for at least three days before your treatment. You cannot be treated while you have infections or sores in the area.
After: Protect your skin with moisturizers and sunscreen. Cold compresses and steroid creams may be used as necessary. Avoid irritating your skin, and keep away from the sun and sunless tanners for a couple of weeks.
At Radiance, feeling amazing isn’t just a result—it’s an experience. At our beautiful medspa in Belleair Bluffs, every sight, smell, sound, and interaction is designed to melt away your cares and let you know that your happiness is our ultimate priority.