Microneedling & PRP
Revive and revitalize your skin with the newest technology in Microneedling!
The older we get, the more our skin loses elasticity and begins to appear dull and even less luminous. In addition, other signs of aging such as lines, wrinkles, spots and large pores accumulate on our skin over time. MicroNeedling is a treatment that helps skin regain collagen and elastin while bringing back that youthful glow. Both women and men looking for a natural solution for total skin rejuvenation can enjoy the benefits of Micro-Needling. Technology has allowed us to take it one step further by incorporating MicroNeedling, Radiofrequency and PRP therapy (platelet-rich plasma, your body’s own growth factors), into one powerful treatment called VIVACE ™. This treatment smooths away fine lines and wrinkles, plumps and firms the skin, restores a youthful glow, improves or eliminates acne and other scarring, and reduces pore size.Request Your Free Consultation
Treatments utilize your body’s own healing mechanisms to stimulate collagen production and enhance cell renewal from the inside out. Micro-Needling does this by perforating the skin with tiny needles to stimulate healing and formation of new skin. The growth factors in PRP stimulate new collagen production and new skin growth, while Radiofrequency delivers heat deeper into the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Together, these treatments have the ability to replace old, damaged skin with young, new skin. With a series of treatments, your skin will begin to look noticeably, and naturally, younger and smoother.
This, in turn, promotes the development of healthy cells, collagen, and elastin, while softening the appearance of fine lines. The result is a healthy, smooth and even complexion. Schedule a visit to see the results that microdermabrasion treatment offers and see your new glowing complexion come alive today.
VIVACE™: The Lastest in Microneedling Technology
The new VIVACE™ Treatment combines the above methods with Skin Tightening Radio Frequency. Together these 3 technologies improve fine lines and wrinkles, skin texture, scars (including acne scars, surgical scars, and stretch marks), loose skin on the jowls and neck, and overall skin quality.
The VIVACE™ treatment may be performed on face, neck, chest, hands, and body – virtually any area – and with little to no discomfort or downtime.
Am I a candidate for a Micro-Needling treatment?
- Do you have fine lines and wrinkles?
- Has acne left you with scars that never went away?
- Does your skin appear dull or even sallow?
- Are your pores enlarged?
- Would like a natural boost to the look of your skin?
What results can I expect from a Microneedling treatment?
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fading or elimination of scarring.
- A hydrated, youthful glow.
- Minimized pores and an even surface.
- VIVACE™ treatments offer less discomfort and downtime than other skin tightening treatments, such as Thermage or Ultherapy.
- VIVACE™ is even a solution for stretch marks!
What is VIVACE™?
VIVACE™ combines Microneedling, Radiofrequency, and PRP into one treatment.
- Micro-needling works by making thousands of tiny micro-punctures in the surface of the skin to promote healing through new collagen and elastin production. This well-established and very popular treatment has now moved into the next generation with VIVACE™, which combines the benefits of Microneedling with Radio Frequency (RF).
- Radio Frequency (RF) is a treatment that delivers heat to the lower (dermal) layers of the skin to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin in the deeper skin layers. The new collagen and elastin that is generated results in new, thicker, tighter skin.
- PRP is added as an optional boost at the end of the treatment to help accelerate healing and maximize your results. PRP is a process that uses your own growth factors, derived from a quick and easy blood draw, to nourish your skin by applying your body’s own plasma, rich with growth factors, to the surface of your skin. By applying the PRP immediately after the VIVACE™ treatment, the PRP is absorbed deep into the skin where it boosts collagen production at many levels.
How does Micro-Needling work?
- Micro-Needling is based on collagen induction therapy, which means it causes microscopic damage to your skin which stimulates it to naturally produce new replacement collagen.
- The controlled damage to the skin causes your body to produce new collagen and elastin.
- As the body’s healing processes are stimulated, your skin becomes firmer and smoother and even long-term blemishes like acne scarring will fade.
- For best results, most patients require a series of 3 Microneedling treatments.
How does PRP work?
- The PRP (platelet-rich plasma) procedure involves drawing your blood and centrifuging it so that the plasma with platelets separates and collects in the tube. This plasma is rich in growth factors and cytokines from your own drawn blood.
- During and immediately after Micro-Needling the treatment area, the highly concentrated plasma is massaged onto your skin where it releases the growth factors and stimulates the body’s healing and tissue regeneration processes.
What happens during a combined VIVACE™ Microneedling and PRP treatment?
- To begin a combined VIVACE™ Micro-Needling and PRP treatment, we draw a small tube of your blood.
- Next, we spin your blood in our centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the rest of the blood.
- Then we begin the VIVACE™ Micro-Needling treatment, which makes microscopic penetrations in your skin while using radio frequency and LED at the same time.
- The centrifugated PRP is then massaged into your skin so that the proteins and growth factors are readily absorbed.
- By combining these treatments, healing time is significantly increased, while collagen, elastin, and tissue production and growth are stimulated, leaving you with smoother, youthful skin over time.
- Based on the needs of your skin, a series of 3 or more treatments may be recommended.
It is painful, and is there any downtime with these treatments?
- Micro-Needling utilizes fine needles to puncture the top layers of your skin. To maintain patient comfort during the procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied 60 minutes prior to the procedure.
- Treated areas will likely appear red like a sunburn, and some swelling will occur for a few days.
- Following treatment, you may return to normal activities immediately, although some medical grade skin care products and sun exposure should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- During a VIVACE™ treatment, you can expect to feel prickly, warm sensations in some areas but for the most part, you will feel little to nothing as a result of your skin being numbed prior to the procedure using a topical numbing cream. After the treatment, your skin will feel tight and warm. There is no residual discomfort or pain following the treatment.
How long do the results of Micro-Needling and PRP last?
- When you complete the recommended series of Microneedling treatments, your skin will appear permanently smoother with a reduction in wrinkles, fine lines, and scarring or blemishes. Additional treatments may be performed as desired to boost collagen production.
- The results of a Micro-Needling treatment typically last at least 1-2 years before needing to repeat it. This, of course, will depend on how carefully you take care of your skin after the treatment. Staying out of the sun, eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, and using high-quality medical-grade skin care products are best practices that will significantly extend the results of your treatment and help your skin look its best.
- VIVACE™ treatments are done in a series of 3, spaced one month apart. New collagen and elastin will begin to form immediately after each treatment and the stimulating effects of the micro-channels, the radio frequency, and the PRP together will give the skin an immediate glow. The production of new collagen and elastin will continue for up to 6 months following each treatment. It is important to complete a series of at least 3 VIVACE™ treatments to get optimal results.
How many treatments will I need?
- Your treatment plan will depend on the starting condition of your skin and the results you hope to achieve.
- Particularly when considering Micro-Needling for acne and other scarring, a series of treatments will be needed. The typical treatment plan for most individuals and skin concerns consists of a series of 3 treatments.
- Treatments are performed 1 month apart.
- A personal consultation is needed to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for your needs.
- At Radiance, consultations are always complimentary.
Will Micro-Needling help soften the appearance of my acne scars?
Micro-Needling offers one of the best permanent solutions to acne scars because it damages the outer layers of the skin to stimulate the production of collagen, elastin, and new tissue. Typically, a series of 3-6 treatments is needed to produce results, however, you will likely notice an improvement from the first visit.
Can I use VIVACE™ Micro-Needling and PRP in conjunction with other anti-aging treatments?
The benefits of VIVACE™ Micro-Needling and PRP can be further enhanced when the treatments are combined with other treatments, such as Juvéderm dermal fillers or BOTOX. While Micro-Needling and PRP work to smooth the skin and tackle fine lines and wrinkles, these injectables can aid with other issues like deep lines, jowls, and loss of facial volume. Our experts will work with you to create an overall treatment plan that can work like a non-surgical facelift.
What’s more, because of its ability to speed healing, PRP provides an excellent addition to IPL and laser resurfacing treatments because it pumps the body with proteins and growth factors.
Can VIVACE™ be used for all skin types?
Yes! This minimally invasive treatment combination is safe and effective for all skin types and tones.
How often will I need a touch-up?
While the blemish- and acne-reducing benefits of Micro-Needling are permanent, time and gravity will continue to work on your skin. Many patients choose to have a touchup done every one to two years.
Back to Top